Subalgebras of Graph C*-algebras
I give a self-contained introduction to two novel classes of nonselfadjoint operator algebras, namely the generalised analytic Toeplitz algebras L G , associated with the “Fock space” of a graph G, and subalgebras of graph C*-algebras. These two topics are somewhat independent but in both cases I shall focus on fundamental techniques and problems related to classifying isomorphism types and to the recovery of underlying foundational structures, be they graphs or groupoids.
KeywordsOperator algebras directed graphs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K.R. Davidson, Free Semigroup Algebras: a survey. Systems, approximation, singular integral operators, and related topics (Bordeaux, 2000), 209–240, Oper. Theory Adv. Appl. 129, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2001.Google Scholar
- K.R. Davidson, C*-algebras by Example, Fields Institute Monograph Series, vol. 6, American Mathematical Society, 1996.Google Scholar
- K.R. Davidson, E. Katsoulis, Nest representations of directed graph algebras, Proc. London Math. Soc., to appear.Google Scholar
- A.P. Donsig and D.R. Pitts Coordinate Systems and Bounded Isomorphisms for Triangular Algebras. math.OA/0506627 66 pages.Google Scholar
- D.W. Kribs, S.C. Power, Partly free algebras, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Birkhäuser-Verlag Basel/Switzerland, 149 (2004), 381–393.Google Scholar
- A. L. Paterson, Groupoids, inverse semigroups and their operator algebras, Progress in Mathematics, Vol. 170, Birkhäuser, Boston, 1999.Google Scholar
- S.C. Power, Limit algebras: an introduction to subalgebras of C*-algebras, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series, vol. 278, (Longman Scientific & Technical, Harlow, 1992) CRC Press ISBN: 0582087813.Google Scholar
- S.C. Power, Classifying higher rank analytic Toeplitz algebras, preprint 2006, preprint Archive no., math.OA/0604630.Google Scholar
- Operator algebras associated with unitary commutation relations, preprint March 2007.Google Scholar
- I. Raeburn, Graph algebras C.B.M.S lecture notes, vol. 103, Amer. Math. Soc., 2006.Google Scholar