Agents and Healthcare: Usability and Acceptance
Agent technology has become a leading area of research in AI and computer science and the focus of a number of major initiatives . The interest in applying Artificial Intelligence technologies first, and now Agent Technology to Healthcare has been a growing one. From the very seminal and inspiring work as the one of Huang et al.  and  the use of agents in Healthcare has been continuously evolving and covering more aspects. Intelligent Agents are normally used to observe the current situation and knowledge base, and then support the expert’s decision-making on an action consistent with the domain they are in, and finally perform the execution of that action on the environment. This evolution brought the creation of steady series of workshops where a growing community has been joining to put together the latest advancements in the field see, for example [7, 8, 5, 6] and also major AI journals devote special issues to this field as for example [4, 3].
KeywordsMultiagent System Intelligent Agent Agent Technology Late Advancement Healthcare Information System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Huang and N. R. Jennings and J. Fox. An agent-based approach to healthcare management. Int. J. Appl. Artif. Intell., vol. 9, pp. 401420,1995.Google Scholar
- A. Moreno (Editor). On the evolution of applying Agent Technology to Healthcare. IEEE Intelligent Systems. 21(6). 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Moreno and C. Garbay C. (Editors) Software agents in health care. Artificial Intelligence in Medecine. 27(3):229–32. 2003.Google Scholar
- A. Moreno and J. Nealon (Editors) Applications of Software Agents Technology in the Health Care Domain. Whitestein series in software agent technology. Birkhuser Verlag AG. 2003. ISBN: 978-3-7643-2662-3Google Scholar
- A. Moreno. and R. Annicchiarico and. U. Cortés. 4th Workshop on Agents Applied in Health Care (AAH’2006). European Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Riva del Garda. Italy.Google Scholar
- J. Nealon and A. Moreno, The application of agent technology to health care, Proceedings of the Workshop AgentCities: Research in Large-scale Open Agent Environments, in the 1st International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS 02), p. 169–73, Bologna, Italy, 2002.Google Scholar
- J. Nealon (Editor) Agents applied to Healthcare. AI Communications 18(2005):171–173.Google Scholar
- M. E. Polack. Intelligent Technology for an Aging Population: The Use of AI to Assist Elders with Cognitive Impairment. AI Magazine. 26(2):9–24. 2005.Google Scholar