Part of the Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications book series (PNLDE, volume 75)
Multi-modal Periodic Trajectories in Fermi-Pasta-Ulam Chains
This paper deals with the problem of bifurcation of periodic trajectories in the Fermi-Pasta-Ulam chains of nonlinear oscillator.
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Diophantine Equation Primary Branch Morse Index Toda Lattice
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Arioli, F. Gazzola and S. Terracini, Periodic motions of an infinte lattice of particles with nearest neighbour interaction, Nonlin. Anal. TMA (1996)Google Scholar
- G. Arioli, H. Koch and S. Terracini, Two novel methods and Multi mode periodic solutions for the fermi-Pasta-Ulam model, Comm. Math. Phys. (2005)Google Scholar
- A. Ambrosetti, G. Prodi, A Primer of Nonlinear Analysis. Cambridge studies in Adv. Math. 34. Cambrige Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1993.Google Scholar
- L. Berchialla, L. Galgani and A. Giorgilli, Localization of energy in FPU chains, Discrete Cont. Dynam. Systems A, (2004)Google Scholar
- E. Fermi, J. Pasta and S. Ulam, Studies of Nonlinear Problems, Los Alamos Rpt. LA-1940 (1955); also in Collected Works of E. Fermi University of Chicago Press, 1965, Vol II, p. 978.Google Scholar
- P. C. Hemmer, Dynamic and stochastic types of motion in the linear chain, Ph.D. thesis, Trondheim, 1959.Google Scholar
- G. Molteni, E. Serra, M. Tarallo and S. Terracini, Asymptotic resonance, interaction of modes and subharmonic bifurcation, Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal (2006)Google Scholar
- B. Rink, Symmetri and resonance in periodic FPU chains, Comm. Math. Phys. (2001)Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag Basel/Switzerland 2007