Some P.D.E.s with Hysteresis
We present some results concerning two classes of P.D.E.s containing a continuous hysteresis operator. We introduce a weak formulation in Sobolev spaces for a Cauchy problem; under suitable assumptions on the hysteresis operator, we state some existence results. The presentation of the paper is quite general, as we avoid to describe all the details of the proof of the theorems involved.
KeywordsHydraulic Conductivity Cauchy Problem Sobolev Space Model Problem Existence Result
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Brokate, J. Sprekels: Hysteresis and phase transitions, Applied Mathematical Sciences, 121, Springer-Verlag, New York (1996).Google Scholar
- M. Eleuteri: On some P.D.E.s with hysteresis, Ph.D. Thesis, UTM PhDTS n. 47, Trento, February 2006.Google Scholar
- M.A. Krasnosel’skii, B.M. Darinskii, I.V. Emelin, P.P. Zabreiko, E.A. Lifsic, A.V. Pokrovskii: Hysterant operator, Soviet Math. Dokl., 11 (1970) 29–33.Google Scholar
- P. Krejčí: Hysteresis, convexity and dissipation in hyperbolic equations, Tokyo: Gakkotosho, (1996).Google Scholar
- A. Visintin: Differential Models of Hysteresis, Springer, (1994).Google Scholar