Biopharmaceutical companies tackle clinical trial transparency
KeywordsPharmaceutical Company Clinical Trial Registry Clinical Trial Result Clinical Trial Protocol Active Clinical Trial
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturing Association. Pharmaceutical companies to make more information available about clinical trials. Available at http://www.phrma.org/meiaroom/press/releases/06.01.2005.1112. cfm (Accessed 13 March 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.United States Food and Drug Administration. Section 113 Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act of 1997. Available at: http://lhncbc.nlm.nih.gov/clin/113.html (Accessed 8 February 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Office of the New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. Major pharmaceutical firm concealed information. Available at http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2004/jun/jun2b_04.html (Accessed 17 March 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Fair Access to Clinical Trials Act of 2005. US Senate S470. Available at http://olpa.od.nih.gov/tracking/109/senate_bills/session1/s-470.asp (Accessed 21 March 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturing Association. International alliance of pharmaceutical associations agrees on principles for disclosing information. Available at http://www.phrma.org/mediaroom/press/releases/06.01.2005.1114.cfm (Accessed 13 March 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.CenterWatch (2005) Clinical trial transparency efforts multiple. The CenterWatch Monthly 12(11): 1–13Google Scholar
- 7.World Health Organization. WHO International Clinical Trials Registration Platform: Unique ID assignment. Geneva: WHO. Available at http://www.who.int/ictrp/commnets2/en/index.html (Accessed 23 January 2006)Google Scholar
- 9.McDonald D, Molnari PM (2005) Breaking the trial result disclosure logjam now. Appl Clin Trials 11: 37–38Google Scholar
- 10.F Hoffman-La Roche. Roche clinical trial registry and results database launched on www.roche-trials.com. Available at www.roche.com (Accessed 16 February 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Metz C. Interpretation and next steps to achieve an acceptable blend of the position statement. Clinical Trial Registries and Registers Conference, Pharmaceutical Education Associates, Philadelphia, PA; September 22–23, 2005.Google Scholar
- 12.Maine Department of Health and Human Services. Clinical Trial Registration Law Summary. Available at http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/boh/clinical_trials.htm. (Accessed 16 February 2006)Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag Basel/Switzerland 2006