Collaboration with Multimedia Documents
Multimedia documents become increasingly important for the success and growth of companies. Communication and collaboration based on documents become critical factors. Documents have to be processed in various ways by various people. Therefore, there is a need for powerful tools, which support the document handling in distributed environments. This paper describes an approach to distributed document handling and discusses the relationship with communication and networking.
KeywordsProduct Life Cycle Multimedia Data Multimedia Document Editing Tool Gantt Chart
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.Aberer, W. Klas, The Impact of Multimedia Data on Database Management Systems, ICSI-TR-92-065, International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley, CA, USA, 1992Google Scholar
- 2.Comité Consultatif International Telegraphique et Telephonique, Recommendation G.114 - One-way transmission timeGoogle Scholar
- 3.International Organization for Standardization, Hypermedia/Time-based Structuring Language: HyTime, ISO 10744, 1992Google Scholar
- 4.Pal S. Malm, The unOfficial Yellow Pages of CSCW - Groupware, Prototypes and Projects, 1994Google Scholar
- 5.International Organization for Standardization, Information Processing - Text and Office Information Systems — Standard Generalized Markup Language, ISO 8879, 1986Google Scholar