Electron Scattering from the Deuteron Using the Gross Equation
The elastic electromagnetic form factors for the deuteron are calculated in the context of a one-boson-exchange model using the Gross or Spectator equation . The formalism is manifestly covariant and gauge invariant. Results are shown for the impulse approximation and for ρπγ exchange currents. The impulse approximation results are quite close to the available data which suggests that only a relatively small exchange current contribution is required. It is shown that by using a soft form factor for the exchange current, the model provides a very good representation of the data.
KeywordsForm Factor Exchange Current Vertex Function Electromagnetic Form Factor Impulse Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Gross: Phys. Rev. D 10, 223 (1974);Google Scholar
- 2.For an introduction to quasipotential equations see: G.E. Brown and A.D. Jackson: The Nucleon—Nucleon Interaction, Amsterdam: North—Holland 1976Google Scholar
- 6.R.A. Arndt and L.D. Roper: Scattering Analysis and Interactive Dial-in (SAID) program, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 11.V.G.J. Stoks et al.: Phys. Rev. C 48, 792 (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.G. Höhler et al.: Nucl. Phys. B114, 505 (1976)Google Scholar
- 17.K.L. Mitchell: Ph.D. Thesis, Kent State University (1995) (unpublished); K.L. Mitchell and P.C. Tandy, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 18.A. Stadler and F. Gross: Private CommunicationGoogle Scholar