A zero-degree spectrometer in CELSIUS and the d(d, 2π)4 He reaction
For the realization of near threshold studies a small-size spectrometer has been developed by the Nuclear Physics Division at Stockholm University in conjunction with Institut für Kernphysik in Jülich. A particle telescope is mounted inside the CELSIUS vacuum chamber in the bend following the cluster-jet target. It is possible to vary the measuring position within the dipole field to cover different magnetic rigidities which makes it a versatile tool for studies of threshold reactions. The first aim has been to study two-pion production and we present preliminary results from measurements of the d(d, 2π)4 He reaction.
KeywordsElectron Cyclotron Resonance Meson Production Straight Section Threshold Reaction Magnetic Rigidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.T. Risser and M.D. Shuster: Phys. Lett. B43, 68 (1973)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Bordes et al.: Phys. Lett. B223, 251 (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Codino and F. Plouin: Preprint LNS/Ph/94–06 1994Google Scholar
- 11.C. Wilkin Private CommunicationGoogle Scholar
- 12.M. Schepkin: Private CommunicationGoogle Scholar