Photoproduction of Eta Mesons on Deuterium from Threshold to 1.2 GeV
Measurements of the total and differential cross sections for η-meson photoproduction on 1H, 2D, and 14N liquid targets from threshold to 1.2 GeV have been taken using the tagged Bremsstrahlung photon beam produced by the electrons extracted from the ELSA storage ring at Bonn. The reaction was identified by detecting the η decay products in the neutral meson spectrometer SPESO-2π, while the recoil baryons (proton, neutron, or deuteron) were detected by a variety of large angle scintillator detectors. We present here our experimental results on the deuterium target, both the comparison of the quasi-free proton and neutron as well as results on the coherent production. Our preliminary results for the counting rates integrated on the S11 excitation show significantly smaller figures for the neutrons than for the protons. This is consistent with an isoscalar part of the amplitude roughly ten times smaller than the isovector one and also explains the very low rate of coherent deuterons observed.
KeywordsDifferential Cross Section Deuterium Target Roper Resonance Miss Mass Spectrum Liquid Target
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.S.L. Booth et al.: Lett. Nuov. Cim. 2 66 (1969); B. Delcourt et al.:Google Scholar
- 3.S. Homma et al.: J. Phys. Soc. J.pan. 57, 828 (1988); S.A. Dytman et al.: Phys. Rev. C51, 2710 (1995); B. Krusche et al.: Phys. Rev. Lett. 74, 3736 (1995); J.W. Price et al.: Phys. Rev. C51, R2283 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Rigney: PhD Thesis. Univ. of S. Carolina 1992Google Scholar
- 7.M. Breuer et al.: 7th International Conference on Nuclear Reaction Mechanisms. Varenna, Italy, June 1994, Università degli Studi de Milano, Supplemento n0 100, p. 584. ed. E. Gadioli, 1994Google Scholar
- 8.P. Hoffmann-Rothe, B. Saghai and F. Tabakin: XV th European Conference on Few-Body Problems, Peniscola, Spain, June 1995.Google Scholar