Fast algorithms for drawing Nonuniform B-spline surfaces: a practical application in Virtual Environment
The paper we intend to present deals with the problem of drawing parametric surfaces in real-time. A new fast sequential and parallel algorithm for approximate parametric surfaces with polygons is described. Its application on a single and multi-processor system is presented by emphasizing the constraints imposed by real-time applications for Virtual Reality. In particular a practical utilization of parametric surfaces for the modeling of a virtual hand-arm complex is described.
KeywordsVirtual Reality Virtual Environment Parallel Machine Parametric Surface Virtual Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Michael E. Monterson, Geometric ModelingJohn Wiley & Sons, 1985.Google Scholar
- Faux, I. D. and Pratt, M. J., “Computational Geometry for Design and Man-ufacture”, Ellis Horwood, Chichester UK, 1979.Google Scholar
- Farin, G., aCurves and Surfaces for Computer Aided Design2nd edn, Academic Press, Boston, 1990.Google Scholar
- David F. Rogers, J. Alan Adams, Mathematical Elements for Computer GraphicsMe Graw Hill, 1990.Google Scholar
- Alan Watt, Mark Watt, “Advanced Animation and Rendering Techniques”, Addison-Wesley, 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Bergamasco, B. Allotta, L. Bosio, L. Ferretti, G. Parrini, G. M. Prisco, F. Salsedo, G. Sartini, “An Arm Exoskeleton System for Teleoperation and Virtual Environments Applications,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, San Diego, CA, May 1994.Google Scholar
- M. Bergamasco, P. Degl’ Innocenti, D. Bucciarelli, G. Rigucci, “Grasping and Moving Objects in Virtual Environments: a preliminary approach towards a relistic behaviour,” IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, ROMAN’94, Nagoya, Japan, July 1994.Google Scholar
- M. Bergamasco, P. Degl’ Innocenti, D. Bucciarelli, “A Realistic Approach for Grasping and Moving Virtual Objects,” IEEE/RSJ/GI International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems 1994, IROS’94, Monaco, September 1994Google Scholar
- M. Bergamasco, F. Salsedo, L. Ferretti, A. Scoglio, G. Piperno, Force Feedback Interfaces for Virtual Environments Applications,n submitted to MONTPELLIER ’95, Montpellier, France, June 1995.Google Scholar