Integral Equation Calculations for the Photodisintegration of 4He
Results obtained by solving AGS-type integral equations for the photodisintegration of 4He, employing the Malfliet-Tjon potential, are compared with the latest experimental data. At low energies good agreement between theory and experiment is found. At higher energies electric quadrupole contributions have to be taken into account, but are not sufficient to fully remove the discrepancies between theory and experiment. In order to get some feeling for the sensitivity to the underlying potential, we in addition show calculations based on the Yamaguchi potential. They differ from the MT results in a way which resembles the trends known from triton photodisintegration.
KeywordsTotal Cross Section Giant Dipole Resonance Final State Interaction Plane Wave Approximation Meson Exchange Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.O. Alt, P. Grassberger, W. Sandhas: In Few Particle Problems in the Nuclear Interaction, edited by I. Slaus et al. ( North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1972 ), p. 299Google Scholar
- W. Sandhas: Progress in Particle Physics,edited by P. Urban [Acta Physica Austriaca, Suppl. XIII, 679 (1974)]Google Scholar
- 2.A. Casel, W. Sandhas: Proc. Ninth Int. Conference on the Few-Body Problem, Vol. I: Contributed Papers, ed. M.J. Moravcsik ( Eugene, Oregon, 1980 ), p. 33Google Scholar
- 10.W. Schadow, J. Richter W. Sandhas: Proceedings of the 14th International IUPAP Conference on Few-Body Problems, 695 (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.A.N. Gorbunov: Proc. of the P. N. Lebedev Physics Institute, 71, 1 (1976)Google Scholar