The Development of a Multimedia Distributed System for Education
This paper presents some development methods used for multimedia processing in a distributed education system. Multimedia documents are described in HyTime-compliant form to provide network information interchange. An interactive structure-oriented editor helps the user to combine multimedia objects in a document. These documents are used to design education sessions. The proposed abstract model of an education session is intended for rapid development of education software. A time managing mechanism applicable both to multimedia documents and education sessions is elaborated. The paper outlines the architecture of an experimental client-server system for education and the data organisation.
KeywordsEducation Session Duration Interval Head Node Multimedia Document Linear Predictive Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adie, Ch.: Distributed Multimedia Information Systems. Computer Networks for Research in Europe, Elsevier, vol. 25, 1993, Suppl. 2.Google Scholar
- 3.ISO 8879: Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.ISO 10744: Hypermedia Time-based Structuring Language (HyTime), 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.Georgiev, I.: Speeding Up of Simulation. Proc. of the 10-th International Conference FTSD’87, Varna, 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.Georgiev, I., O. Beltcheva: Interactive Environment for Multimedia Processing. Proceedings of the International Conference CAD/Graphics’93, Peking, China.Google Scholar
- 10.Novell, Inc.: Professional Development Series, Austin, Texas.Google Scholar
- 11.Phillips, R.L.: Media View A General Multimedia Digital Publication System. Communications of the ACM, vol. 34, No.7, July 1991.Google Scholar
- 12.Proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on Multimedia, Dagstuhl, Nov. 1992.Google Scholar
- 15.Thompson, E.W., S.A. Szygenda: Digital Simulation In a Time-based, Table-driven Environment. Computer, vol.8, No 3, March 1975.Google Scholar