Relativistic Effects in qq̄ Systems
Extensions of the constituent quark potential model for mesons are formulated and analyzed which include relativistic dynamics and the full Dirac structure of both positive and negative energy states. The meson wave equations are transformed to configuration space where they can easily be solved numerically. Regge-slopes, the pion form factor and radiative, annihilation decay are studied. We find that the projection on the full Dirac structure of the confining potential and of the meson decay vertices gives unexpected large modifications to the nonrelativistic mass spectra and decay vertices. This paper summarizes the main results of [1, 2].
KeywordsDirac Equation Schrodinger Equation Light Meson Pion Form Factor Decay Vertex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.C Tiemeijer, Ph.D. Thesis, University Utrecht (1993).Google Scholar
- R. Blankenbecler, R. Sugar, Phys. Rev. 142, 1051 (1966); A.A. Logunov and A. N. Tavkhelidze, Nuovo Cim. 29, 380 (1963).Google Scholar
- V.B. Mandelzweig, S.J. Wallace, Phys. Lett. B 197, 469 (1987); S.J. Wallace and V.B. Mandelzweig, Nucl. Phys. A 503, 673 (1989); S.J. Wallace in Nuclear and Particle Physics on the Light Cone, Proceedings of the LAMPF Workshop, Los Alamos 1988 ( World Scientific, Singapore, 1989 ).Google Scholar
- J.-F. Lagaë, Phys. Lett. B 240, 451 (1990), Phys. Rev. D 45, 305 (1992), ibid. 317.Google Scholar
- H. Hersbach, Phys. Rev. D 47, 3027 (1993); Utrecht preprint THU-93/13.Google Scholar