Exclusive Electron Scattering from Deuterium at High Q2
Cross sections are presented for the reaction 2H(e,e’p)n for momentum transfers in the range 1.0 ≤ Q 2 ≤ 6.8 (GeV/c)2 and for missing momenta from 0 to 250 MeV/c. The longitudinal-transverse interference structure function has been separated at Q 2 = 1.2 (GeV/c)2. The observables are compared to calculations performed in non-relativistic and relativistic frameworks. The best description of the data is found using a fully relativistic treatment.
KeywordsImpulse Approximation Free Nucleon Reduced Cross Section Cerenkov Detector Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.H. Mueller, Proc. of the Moriond Conference, 1982; S.J. Brodsky, XIII Int. Symp. on Multiparticle Dynamics, 1982.Google Scholar
- S. Frullani and J. Mougey, Adv. Nucl. Phys. 14, 1 (1984).Google Scholar
- J.A. Tjon, Few-Body Systems Suppl. 5, 17 (1992); E. Hummel and J.A. Tjon, Phys. Rev. C42, 423 (1990); E. Hummel, Ph. D. thesis, Rijks Universiteit Utrecht (1991), unpublished.Google Scholar
- 14]N. Makins et al., private communications.Google Scholar
- 15]D. Wasson et al., to be published;Google Scholar
- N. Makins, T. O’Neill et al., private communications.Google Scholar
- N.N. Nikolaev, private communications.Google Scholar