Strategic Planning Tools inside the Marketing-Information-System in use by the Austrian National Tourist Office
In the 1980s national and regional tourist offices experienced profound changes in their environment. The complexity of business has increased with the growth of the number of products and services produced in multiplying markets. Competition and pressures from other suppliers have intensified. It is not surprising that these factors have brought changes in the information demands of organizations. This paper describes a framework for understanding the role of information and executive information systems in national tourist offices which has proved useful in research and consultation.
KeywordsTourism Research Major Competitor Balance Portfolio National Tourist Strategic Business Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Witt, S.F., Brooke, M.Z., Buckley, R.J.: The Management of international tourism, London: Unwin Hyman 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Wind, Y., Mahajan, V.: Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb, 155 (1981)Google Scholar
- 7.Kerin, R.A.: Mahajan, V., Varadarajan, P.R., Contemporary perspectives on strategic market planning, Boston: Allyn and Bacon 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Hwang, Ch.-L., Yoon, KW.: Multiple Attribute Decision Making, Methods and Applications, A State-of-theArt Survey, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York: Springer 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Roy, B.: The outranking approach and the foundations of ELECTRE methods, in: Banae Costa, Carlos A. (Ed.): Reading in multiple criteria decision aid, BerlinHeidelberg-New York: Springer 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Hansen, P.: Essays and surveys on multiple criteria decision making, Proceedings, Mons. Berlin-HeidelbergNew York: Springer 1982.Google Scholar
- 12.Vincke, P.: Multicriteria decision-aid, Chichester: Wiley 1992.Google Scholar
- 13.Holtham, C (Ed.).: Executive Information Systems and Decision Support. London: Chapman & Hall 1992.Google Scholar
- 14.Dyer, R.F., Forman, E.H.: An analytic approach to marketing decisions, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall 1991.Google Scholar
- 15.Mazanec, J.: International Journal of Research in Marketing, 13, 609 (1986)Google Scholar
- 17.Calantone, R.J., di Benedetto, C.A.: Annals of Tourism Research, 18(2) 202 (1991)Google Scholar
- 18.Mazanec, J.: How to evaluate a travel market, econometric modeling vs. multiattribute decision making with management estimates, Aix-en-Provence: Les Cahiers du Tourisme (Centre des Hautes Etudes Touristiques) 1986.Google Scholar