MaTourA: Multi-agent Tourist Advisor
MaTourA is a tourist advisory system about Greece that is being implemented in the parallel constraint logic programming language ElipSys. The purpose of MaTourA is to facilitate the work carried out in travel agencies by providing an interactive way to construct personalized tours, select predefined package tours and handle the underlying touristic information. The system has been designed as a set of high-level interacting agents. In this direction, the ElipSys language was extended with the appropriate features to support the development of multi-agent systems.
KeywordsLogic Programming Travel Agency Constraint Logic Programming Site Agent Touristic Information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Agha and C. Hewitt. Concurrent programming using actors: Exploiting large-scale parallelism. AI Memo 865, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1985.Google Scholar
- U. Baron, S. Bescos, S. Delgado-Rannauro, P. Heuzé, M. Dorochevsky, M. Ibanez-Espiga, K. Schuerman, M. Ratcliffe, A. Véron, and J. Xu. The ElipSys logic programming language. Technical Report DPS-81, ECRC, December 1990.Google Scholar
- A. Bond and L. Gasser, editors. Readings in Distributed Artificial Intelligence. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc., San Mateo, California, 1988.Google Scholar
- ElipSys User Manual for Release Version 0.6, April 1993.Google Scholar
- R. Engelmore and T. Morgan, editors. Blackboard Systems. Addisson-Wesley Publishing Company, Wokingham, England, 1988.Google Scholar
- C. Halatsis, P. Stamatopoulos, D. Margaritis, I. Karali, C. Mourlas, D. Gouscos, and C. Fouskakis. Tool assessment. APPLAUSE Deliverable D.WP3. 4, University of Athens, May 1993.Google Scholar
- C. Halatsis, P. Stamatopoulos, Z. Palaskas, I. Karali, C. Mourlas, D. Gouscos, D. Margaritis, and C. Fouskakis. MaTourA specification. APPLAUSE Deliverable D.WP3. 2, University of Athens — Expert Systems International, May 1993.Google Scholar
- S. Prestwich. ElipSys programming tutorial. APPLAUSE Deliverable D.WP4.ECRC. 4A, ECRC, November 1992.Google Scholar
- SICStus Prolog User’s Manual,August 1992.Google Scholar
- R. Smith. The contract net protocol: High-level communication and control in a distributed problem solver. IEEE Transactions on Computers, C-29(12): 1104–1113, December 1980.Google Scholar