An Advice System for Travel Agents
In the tourism sector it is often impossible for an travel agent to answer all the specific questions about destinations in a certain area. The tourist expects an expert in front of him, but a travel agent can’t know everything about all the holiday resorts. The travel agent needs a tool to give better advice to the tourist. Together with the students of the special licentiate in Tourism at the Limburg University Centre, faculty of Applied Economics, we have constructed such an advice system. It should lead to an improvement in the quality of advice given to the tourist who is looking for the appropriate holiday destination.
KeywordsKnowledge Base Expert System Message Passing Advice System Travel Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1 HAR 89.Paul HARMON & Brian Sawyer, “Creating expert systems for business and Industry”, John Wiley, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2 SIM 60.SIMON. H.A., “The new scien- ce of management decision”, Harper and Brothers, New York, 1960.Google Scholar
- 3 VAN 92.Koen VANHOOF & Joël JEURIS & BEDR/1992/02, Limburg University Centre Belgium.Google Scholar
- 4 WAL 88.WAL 88. John Walters & Norman Nielsen, “Crafting knowledge based systems”, John Wiley, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5 WES 1988-1989.WES, Reeks Toeristisch Onderzoek, “Reisgedrag en -opinies van de Belgen 1989”, 1989.Google Scholar