SPICE Diode and MOSFET Models and Their Parameters
In this chapter we will discuss the pn junction diode and MOSFET models, as implemented in Berkeley SPICE2G and higher versions. No attempt will be made to derive the model equations, as that has already been done at appropriate places in previous chapters. Here we will only describe equations used to model different regions of device operation. Emphasis will be on model parameters required to run SPICE and how to measure them.
KeywordsSaturation Region Junction Capacitance Saturation Voltage Subthreshold Current Diode Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Vladimirescu and S. Liu, The simulation of MOS integrated circuits using SPICE2, Memorandum No. UCB/ERL M80/7, Electronics Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, October 1980.Google Scholar
- B. J. Sheu, D. L. Scharfetter, and H. C. Poon, Compact short-channel IGFET model (CSIM), Memorandum No. UCB/ERL M84/20, Electronics Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, March 1984.Google Scholar
- D. K. Schroder, Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization ,John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- G. W. Neudeck, The PN Junction Diode ,Vol. II, 2nd Ed., Modular Series on Solid-State Devices, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading MA, 1987.Google Scholar
- D. J. Roulston, Bipolar Semiconductor Devices ,McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- A H. C. Fung, A subthreshold conduction model for BSIM, Memorandum No. UCB/ERL M85/22, Electronics Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, October 1985.Google Scholar
- D. Ward, Charge-based modeling. of capacitances in MOS transistors, Stanford University Tech. Rep. G201-11, 1982.Google Scholar
- B. S. Messenger, A fully automated MOS device characterization system for processoriented integrated circuit design, Memorandum No. UCB/ERL M84/18, Electronic Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, January 1984.Google Scholar
- E. Khalily, P. H. Decher, and D. A. Teegarden, TECAP2: An interactive device characterization and model development system, Tech. Digest ,IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer-Aided Design, ICCAD-84, pp. 184–151 (1984).Google Scholar