On creep buckling of structures
Criteria of creep buckling of structures are discussed. The useful life of the structures is controlled by the tolerable deformation, which should be the criterion for design. Current creep strain affects creep strain rate as indicated by the mechanical equation of state. Past creep strain may change the time-independent stress-strain, relation, which determines the elastic-plastic buckling of a number of structures. The different effects of creep strain and initial strain on the deformation rate of the structure is shown.
KeywordsCreep Rate Creep Strain Initial Strain Mechanical Equation Initial Deflection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Robotnov, N., Yu, Sesterikov, S. A.: Creep stability of columns and plates. J. Mech. and Phys. of Solids vol. 6, No. 1, (1956).Google Scholar
- Hoff, N. J.: Buckling and stability. J. Roy. Aeronaut. Soc., Jan. (1954).Google Scholar
- Hoff. N. J.: A survey of the theories of creep buckling. Proc. 3rd S. Nat. Congr. of Appl. Mech., Providence, R. I. (1958).Google Scholar
- Hoff, N. J.: On the transition from axisymmetric to multilobed creep buckling. Theory of Aircraft Structures, Delft (1972).Google Scholar
- Levi, I., and Hoff, N. J.: Interaction between axisymmetric and non-symmetric creep buckling. Proc. IUTAM Symp., Gothenburg Creep in Structures, p. 405–422 (1970).Google Scholar
- Lin, T. H.: Theory of inelastic structures. pp. 43–50, New York: Wiley 1968.Google Scholar
- Lin, T. H.: Theory of inelastic structures. pp. 65–68, New York: Wiley 1968.Google Scholar
- Lin, T. H.: Theory of inelastic structures. pp. 175–177, New York: Wiley 1968.Google Scholar
- Johnson, A. E.: Creep and relaxation of metals at high temperatures. Engineering 168, 237 (1949).Google Scholar
- Higgins, T. P., Jr.: Effect of creep on column deflection. Preprint No. 385, Inst. Aero. Sc. 1952.Google Scholar
- Lin, T. H.: Inelastic column buckling. J. Aerospace Sci. 14, 159–172 (1950).Google Scholar