Psycho-Social and Psychopathological Features as Predictors of Response to Long Term and High Dosages Methadone Treatment
Pharmacological treatment of heroin addiction with opiate agonists, if carried out according to a correct methodology, produces the most consistent results nowadays. Though United States government authorities and the Italian Health Ministry (Circular 87, 1984) advise it, in the public services it is very difficult to carry out this kind of intervention, because some regional governments, by means of special laws, prevent the realization of long term and “so-called” high dosage treatments.
KeywordsDrug Addiction Social Adjustment Methadone Maintenance High Dosage Treatment Paranoid Ideation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Castrogiovanni P., Andreani M.F., Maremmani I., Nannini-Innocenti M.A. (1982): Per una valutazione dell’aggressività nell’uomo: contributo alla validazione di un questionario per la tipizzazione del comportamento aggressivo. Rivista di Psichiatria, 17, 276–295Google Scholar
- Derogatis L.R., Lipman R.S., Rickels K., (1973): The Hopkins Symptoms Checklist (HSCL): A measure of Primary Symptom Dimensions. In P. Pichot (Ed) “Modern Problems in Pharmacopsychiatry. Karger, Basle, 189–204Google Scholar
- Hargreaves W.A. (1983): Methadone dose and duration for maintenance. In J.R. Cooper (Ed) “Research on the treatment of narcotic addiction. State of the art. N.I.D.A. Rockville, Maryland, 19–82Google Scholar
- Kreek M.J. (1983): Health consequences associated with the use of Methadone. In: J.R. Cooper (Ed) “Research on the treatment of narcotic addiction. State of the art. N.I.D.A. Rockville, Maryland, 456–491Google Scholar
- Nencini R, Belcecchi M.V (1956). Guida alla forma per adulti del P.F.S. di Rosenzweig O.S. FirenzeGoogle Scholar
- Schooler N.R., Hogarty G.E., Weissman M.M. (1979): Social Adjustment Scale II.In “Resource material for community mental health program evaluation” (Hargreaves W.A. et al. Editors), A.D.M. 79, 328, 291 ( Printing Authors, Washington, D.C.,)Google Scholar
- Smith T.A., Kronick R.F. (1979): The policy culture of drug: ritalin, methadone, and the control of deviant behaviour. Int. J. Addict 12: 993–946Google Scholar
- Walton R.G., Thornton T.L., Wahl G.F. (1978): Serum methadone as an aid in managing methadone maintenance patients. Int J. Addicts 13: 689–694Google Scholar
- Weppner R.S. (1979): Conflicting world views and the delivery of treatment to narcotics addicts: some socio-cultural observations. Soc. SCI. Med. 13: 257–262Google Scholar