New perspective vaccines from tick-borne encephalitis virus propagated in green monkey kidney cell cultures
abundance of a cheap virus source for vaccine production;
an absence of necessity to concentrate the virus;
considerable lowering of content of total protein and host-derived impurities;
the high specific seroconversion and non-reactogenicity of the vaccine as judged by observation of volunteers.
The advantages of the technology used for preparation of this TBE vaccine could be employed for production of vaccines against other viral infections.
KeywordsVaccine Production Viral Encephalitis Monkey Kidney Cell Continuous Cell Line Neutralization Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chumakov MP, Rubin SG, Avdeeva LI, Semashko IV, Salnikov YaA, Martyanova LI, Gagarina AV (1986) Vaccine against tick-borne encephalitis. USSR Invention Certificate No 1,349, 757Google Scholar
- 2.Elbert LB, Krasilnikov IV, Drozdov SG, Grachev VP, Pervikov YuV, Krutyanskaya GL, Khanina MK, Mchedlishvily BM, Kolikov VM, Brésler SE, Vorobyeva MS (1985) Concentrated purified vaccine against tick-borne encephalitis produced by ultrafiltra-tion and chromatography. Vopr Virusol 1: 90–93 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Kunz C, Hofmann H, Heinz FX, Dippe, H (1980) The efficacy of vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis. Wien Med Wochenschr 92: 809–813Google Scholar
- 5.Lvov DK, Gagarina AV (1965) Immunoprophylaxis of tick-borne encephalitis. In: Chumakov MP (ed) Tick-borne encephalitis and other arboviral diseases. VNIIMI, Moscow, pp 97–127 (Viruses and viral diseases, vol 1 ) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Mironova LL, Shalunova NV, Lomanova GA, Nikolaeva MA, Khapchaev YuH, Stobeckij VI, Karmysheva VYa, Popova VD, Alpatova GA, Sobolev SG, Grachev VP (1987) The bank of green monkey kidney cell continuous line 4647. Vopr Virusol 6: 740–743 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.WHO (1987) Requirements of continuous cell lines used for biological production. WHO Tech Rep Ser 747, Annex 3Google Scholar