Precise Measurements of the Deuteron A(q2) Structure Function
Among all deuteron observables, the A(q2) structure function plays a special role. Since it is sensitive to the shape of the deuteron wave function it is used as a test for models of the nucleon-nucleon interaction. In the absence of a neutron target, it also provides one of the best possible means for extracting the neutron electric form factor G E n . To a smaller extent, A(q2) is also sensitive to meson exchange currents and relativistic effects. Delineating the effect of all these ingredients is however a difficult task. Part of the difficulty comes from the experimental side. In spite of large number of measurements [l], the medium momentum transfer region is still not accurately known; precise data between q2 = 1 and 18 fm-2 are reported in the present paper.
KeywordsStructure Function Skyrme Model Deuteron Wave Function Neutron Target Elastic Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.G. Simon, Ch. Schmitt and V.H. Walther, Nucl.Phys. A364 (1981) 285; O. Benaksas, D. Drickey and D. Frèrejacque, Phys. Rev. 148, (1966) 1327; S. Galster, H. Klein, J. Moritz, K.H. Schmidt, D. Wegener and J. Bleckwenn, Nucl. Phys. B32 (1971) 221; C.D. Buchanan et M.R. Yearian, Phys. Rev. Lett. 15, (1965) 305; J.E. Elias, J.I. Friedman, G.C. Hartmann, H.W. Kendall, P.N. Pire, M.R. Sogard, L.P. Van Speybroeck and J.K. de Pagter, Phys. Rev. 177, (1969) 2075; R.G. Arnold, B.T. Chertok, E.B. Dally, A. Grigorian, C.L. Jordan, W.P. Schütz, R. Zdarko, F. Martin and B.A. Wecking, Phys. Rev. Lett. 35, (1975) 776.ADSGoogle Scholar
- M. lacombe, B. Loiseau, R. Vinh Mau, J. Côté, P. Pires and R. de Tourreil, Phys. Lett. 101B (1981) 139;Google Scholar
- R.B. Wiringa, R.A. Smith and T.T. Ainsworth, Phys. Rev. C29, (1984) 1207.Google Scholar
- K. Hol inde et R. Machleidt, Nucl. Phys. A247, (1975) 495.Google Scholar
- K. Holinde, invited talk to this Conference.Google Scholar
- I. Grach and L. Kondratyuk, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 39 (1984) 198.Google Scholar
- F. Lomon, P. Blunden and B. Sitarski, to be published.Google Scholar
- R.B. Wiringa, priv. communication.Google Scholar