Part of the Few-Body Systems book series (FEWBODY, volume 2)
Correlations and Three-Body Effects in Photo- and Electronuclear Reactions
The one-body properties of nuclei are nowadays well under control. For instance, the extensive study of elastic or inelastic electron scattering have made possible precise measurements of the nuclear shapes, and the single particle orbitals have been singled out and studied by means of the (e,e’p) reaction. While those results have provided us with strong constraints on the self consistent mean field picture of nuclei, in which nucleons are bound by effective long ranged two-body forces, we are still left with the two following open questions:
What is the nature, and how can we study the effects, of the short range correlations in nuclei?
What is the size and what are the effects of the three-nucleon forces?
KeywordsVirtual Photon Transition Form Factor Final State Interaction Longitudinal Cross Section Body Mechanism
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. H.J. ftKellar, Lecture Notes in Physics, 260 (1986) 7.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, New Vistas in Electronuclear Physics, E. Tomusiak, H. Capi an and E. Dressier, Eds., Plenum Press, NY (1986) p. 361.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, Preprint DPhN-Saclay 2447 (1987) Submitted to Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- P.H.M. Keizer, PhD Thesis, University of Amsterdam, (1985).Google Scholar
- N. D’Hose, 8ème session d’Etude Biennale de Physique Nucléaire, Aussois, J. Meyer ed., LYCEN 8502 (Lyon University), (1985) p.S101 and contributed paper at this conference. G. Tamas, Nucl. Phys. A463 (1987) 295c.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, Phys. Lett. 151B (1985) 325.Google Scholar
- C. Ciofi Degli Atti, E. Pace and G. Salme, Phys. Lett. 141B (1984) 14.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget and J.F. Lecolley, Phys. Lett. 194 (1987) 177.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, preprint DPhN Saclay 2459 (1987).Google Scholar
- D. Kielczewska, et al., contributed paper to the 10th Int. Conf. on Few Body Problem in Phys. (Karlsruhe, Germany, August 21–27, 1983 ),p. 213.Google Scholar
- N.M. O’Fallon et al., Phys. Rev. C5 (1972) 1926.Google Scholar
- H. J. Gassen et al., Z. Phys. 303 (1981) 303; J. Arends et al., Nucl. Phys. A412 (1984) 509.Google Scholar
- C.A. Heusch et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 37 (1976) 405; 37 (1976) 409; 37 (1976) 960(E).Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, Second Workshop on Perspective in Nucl. Phys. at Intermediate Energies, S. Boffi et al., Eds. World Scientific Singapore (1986) p. 247.Google Scholar
- J.M. Laget, preprint DPhN Saclay 2454 (1987).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1987