Electrodisintegration of 3He Studied with the Proton Knockout Reaction (e,e’p)
Recent data of quasi-elastic proton knockout from 3He in various different kinematical conditions are discussed. The question of high-momentum components is addressed up to recoil momentum pm ≈ MeV/c in the two body breakup channel. The role of the final state interaction is investigated by measuring the spectral function at pm ≈ 100 MeV/c for a range of relative (p — d) kinetic energy in the recoil c.m.-system. We discuss some aspects of the reaction mechanism: virtual photon (γν)-deuteron coupling and γν-proton coupling. The absolute calibration of the (e,e’p) reaction may be gauged in the elementary 3He system for which realistic wavefunctions, calculated with the Faddeev technique, are available.
KeywordsSpectral Function Final State Interaction Recoil Momentum Plane Wave Impulse Approximation High Momentum Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sauer, P.U., Proceedings of the Miniconference on the study of few-body systems with electromagnetic probes, NIKHEF-K (Amsterdam, 1981 ), p. 90Google Scholar
- 2.Day, D. et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 43 (1979) 1143Google Scholar
- 3.Sick, I., Helvetica Physica Acta 58 (1985) 746Google Scholar
- 6.Keizer, P.H.M., Ph.D. Thesis (University of Amsterdam, 1985 )Google Scholar
- 11.Malfliet, R. and Tjon, J.A., Nucl. Phys. Al27 (1969)Google Scholar
- 161.and Tjon, J.A., private communication (1986)Google Scholar
- 12.Laget, J.M., Phys. Lett. 151B (1985) 325Google Scholar
- 13.Meygaard, E. van and Tjon, J.A., to be publishedGoogle Scholar