Recent Studies of Two and Three-Nucleon Elastic Form Factors
Recent experiments at Saclay involving two and three-nucleon elastic form factors are reviewed. New precise data for the deuteron A(q2) structure function are presented. These data are very sensitive to the nucleon-nucleon potential and to the neutron electric form factor. For helium-3 and tritium form factors separation of isoscalar and is ovector components is performed. Both charge components disagree with theoretical predictions.
KeywordsForm Factor Impulse Approximation Magnetic Form Factor Charge Form Factor Meson Exchange Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.G. Simon, Ch. Schmitt and V.H. Walther, Nucl. Phys. A364, 285 (1981);Google Scholar
- D. Benaksas, D. Drickey and D. Frèrejacque, Phys. Rev. 148, 1327 (1966);Google Scholar
- S. Gaister, H. Klein, J. Moritz, K.H. Schmidt, D. Wegener and J. Bleckwenn, Nucl. Phys. B32, 221 (1971);Google Scholar
- C.D. Buchanan et M.R. Yearian, Phys. Rev. Lett. 15, 305 (1965);Google Scholar
- J.E. Elias, J.I. Friedman, G.C. Hartmann, H.W. Kendall, P.N. Kire, M.R. Sogard, L.P. Van Speybroeck and J.K. de Pagter, Phys. Rev. 177, 2075 (1969);Google Scholar
- P. Sauer, in Progr. in Part. and Nucl. Phys., 16 (1985) and references thereinGoogle Scholar
- G. Höhler, E. Pietarinen, I. Sabba-Stefanescu, F. Borkowski, G.G. Simon, V.H. Walther and R.D. Wendling et al., Nucl. Phys. B114, 505 (1976).Google Scholar