Generators of One-Parameter Groups of *-Automorphisms on UHF-Algebras
Some results and conjectures on unbounded derivations on C*-algebras are reviewed, with particular emphasis on UHF-algebras. Several conditions ensuring that a derivation is the generator of a one-parameter group of *-automorphisms is exposed, involving analytic elements, linearly increasing surface terms, and approximate commutation.
KeywordsSemi Group Dissipative Operator Deficiency Index Quantum Lattice System Canonical Anticommutation Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Batty, C.J.K., Dissipative mappings with approximately invariant subspaces, Preprint.Google Scholar
- Bratteli, O. and D.W. Robinson, Operator algebras and quantum Statistical mechanics, 2 vols., Texts and Monographs in Physics, Springer Verlag Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, to appear.Google Scholar
- Bratteli, O. and A. Kishimoto, Generation of semigroups, and two-dimensional quantum lattice systems, Jour.Func.Anal., to appear.Google Scholar
- Bratteli, O., G.A. Elliott and R. Herman, On the possible temperatures of a dynamical system, to appear.Google Scholar
- Effros, E.C. and F. Hahn, Locally compact transformation groups and C*-algebras, Mem.Amer.Math.Soc. 75, (1967).Google Scholar
- Elliot, G.A., Derivations of matroid C*-algebras, Invent. Math. 9,(1970), 253–269.Google Scholar
- Jorgensen, P.E.T., Trace states and KMS states for approximately inner dynamical one-parameter groups of *-automorphisms, Comm.Math.Phys. 53 (1977), 135–142.Google Scholar
- Jørgensen, P.E.T., Approximately reducing subspaces for unbounded linear Operators, Jour.Func.Anal. 23, (1976), 392–414.Google Scholar
- Jørgensen, P.E.T., Essential self-adjointness of semibounded Operators, Math. Ann. 237 (1978), 187–192.Google Scholar
- Powers, R., Representations of the canonical anticommutation relations, Thesis, Princeton University, (1967).Google Scholar
- Ruelle, D., Statistical mechanics, Benjamin, New York (1969).Google Scholar
- Sakai, S. The theory of unbounded derivations in C*-algebras, Copenhagen and Newcastle lecture notes (1977).Google Scholar