Recent Progress on the Yukawa2 Quantum Field Theory
In these talks, we review recent progress on the Yukawa2 model for boson-fermion interactions in two space-time dimensions. We discuss in detail the Matthews — Salam formulation for integrating out the fermions, and obtain bounds on the resulting boson theory sufficient to show existence of an infinite volume limit. The vacuum energy density (“pressure”) converges in this limit and we also obtain uniform ⌽-bounds which establish existence of infinite-volume Wightman functions.
KeywordsFinite Volume Vacuum Energy Density Local Algebra Infinite Volume Boson Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Field Theory Models, in Statistical Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory, edited by C. Dewitt and R. Stora, Gordon and Breach, New York 1971.Google Scholar
- Seiler, E. and Simon, B., Bounds in the Yukawa2 quantum field theory, Commun. Math. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar
- Magnen, J. and Seneor, R., Announced at this meeting.Google Scholar
- Mcbryan, O., Convergence of the Vacuum Energy Density, ⌽bounds and Existence of Wightman Functions for the Yukawa2 Model, to appear in Proceedings of the International Colloquium on Quantum Fields, C.N.R.S., Marseille, June 1975.Google Scholar
- Seiler, E., and Simon, B., Announcement, Private Communications.Google Scholar
- Simon, B., the P(⌽)2 Euclidean Field Theory, Princeton University Press, Princeton 1974.Google Scholar
- Seiler, E. and Simon, B., On finite mass renormalizations in the two dimensional Yukawa model, J. Math. Phys. to appear.Google Scholar