Wave Motion in a Plasma
One of the most interesting problems of plasma dynamics is the wave motion of infinitesimal disturbances in a plasma. Such wave motion will bring out many characteristic features of plasma dynamics which is very interesting in itself and there are also many practical applications of the theory of wave motion (5) in many geophysical and astrophysical problems such as the theory. of sunspots, etc.
KeywordsTransverse Wave Longitudinal Wave Sound Wave Wave Motion Determinantal Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Banos, A. Jr.: Magneto-Hydrodynamic Waves in Incompressible and Compressible Fluids. Proc. Roy. Soc. London A-2333, pp. 350–366, 1955.Google Scholar
- 5.Cowling, T. G.: Magnetohydrodynamic. Chap. III, Interscience Publishers, Inc., N.Y., 1957.Google Scholar
- 6.Ludford, G S S: Small Perturbation in Hydromagnetics, Free Oscillations in a Rectangular Box, And the Perfectly Conducting Gas. Tech. Note BN-143, Institute for Fluid Dynamics and Applied Mathematics, University of Maryland, July 1958.Google Scholar
- 8.Pai, S.I.: Viscous Flow Theory II—Turbulent Flow. Chapter XIV, D. Van Nostrand Co., Inc., Princeton, N. J., 1957.Google Scholar
- 11.Van de Hülst, H. C.: Interstellar Polarization and Magneto-Hydrodynamic Waves. Problems of Cosmic Aerodynamics. Central Air Documents Office 1951, pp. 45–56.Google Scholar