Exact Limit Cycle Solutions for the Single-Axis Reaction Wheel Attitude Control System
Limit cycle solutions are derived for a single-axis attitude control system which operates with combined reaction wheel and gas expulsion torques. The wheel operates within the dead band of the gas system. The limit cycles are obtained for the case of constant and zero disturbance torques applied to the vehicle.
KeywordsWheel Speed Motor Torque Attitude Control System Disturbance Torque Constant Disturbance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Haeussermann, American Rocket Society Pam. 60–37 (1958).Google Scholar
- R. W. Froelich and H. Patapoff, “Reaction Wheel Attitude Control for Space Vehicles.” Presented at IRE National Automatic Control Conference, Dallas, Texas (6 November 1959).Google Scholar
- J. P. Den Hartog, Transactions of the ASME, 53, 107–115 (1931).Google Scholar
- C. Grubin, Journal of Applied Mechanics, pp. 373–378 (September 1956).Google Scholar
- G. B. Warburton, Journal of Applied Mechanics, pp. 322–324 (June 1957).Google Scholar