The Relativistic Few-Body Problem
Several three-dimensional reductions of the Bethe-Salpeter equation, for relativistic two-body problem obtained by a partial summation of the covariant perturbation series, have been considered. A one-time Bethe-Salpeter equation is constructed. Equations due to Blankenbecler and Sugar and Gross appear as approximations to the one-time equation. The one-time formalism is used to study the N-N scattering at high energies. Results for various approximation schemes are compared. Extension of the one-time formalism to a system with more than two particles is possible.
KeywordsFaddeev Equation Partial Summation Feynman Propagator High Momentum Component Free Dirac Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tjon, J.A.: Nucl. Phys. A 463, 157c (1987) and references quoted therein.Google Scholar
- 4.Blankenbecler, R. and Sugar, R.L.: Phys. Rev. 142, 1051 (1966); Gross, F.: Phys. Rev. 186, 1448 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Ruan, T.N., Zhu, X.Q., Ho, T.H., Ching, C.R., Zhao, W.Q.: Comm High Energy and Nucl. Phys. (Beijing) 5, 393 (1981); Khanna, F.C., Zhu, X.Q.: Prog. Nucl. Phys. (Hwang, W.-Y., Lee, S.-C., Ernst, D.J. (eds.)), North Holland, N.Y., p. 445 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.Machleidt, R., Holinde, K., Elster, Ch.: Phys. Rev. 149, 1 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, X.Q., Gourishankar, R., Khanna, F.C., Leung, G., Mobed, N.: to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, X.Q., Gourishankar, R., Khanna, F.C.: to be published.Google Scholar