Photopion Production on Light Nuclei in the Δ Resonance Region
Photopion experiments on light nuclei in the Δ resonance region are reviewed. Emphasis is placed on coincidence measurements which exclusively define the final state kinematics and which provide control over the final state interactions. These reactions are discussed in the context of the Δ-N interaction, and the possible sensitivity of the cross sections to that interaction. The γD → ppπ− experiment presently underway at the Saskatchewan Accelerator Laboratory is discussed, and preliminary data are shown.
KeywordsLight Nucleus Resonance Region Duty Factor Final State Interaction Nuclear Wave Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.M. Laget, Phys. Rep. 1, 1 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Kowalski, Proc.of the 1989 IEEE Part. Acc. Conf., 1 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.J.M. Laget, New Vistas in Electro-Nuclear Physics, NATO Series B142, 361 (1986).Google Scholar
- 17.Private communication.Google Scholar
- 18.P. Langill, Masters Thesis, University of Alberta.Google Scholar
- 19.Under preparation for publication in NIM.Google Scholar