Relativistic Analysis of Electron Deuteron Scattering
Relativistic calculations of the deuteron vertex function are reviewed, based on the field theoretical Bethe-Salpeter equation. Using the covariance properties of the wavefunction the elastic deuteron em form factors are calculated and compared with experimental data. For the NN interaction the relativistic one boson exchange model is used. Within a quasi-potential approach the electrodisintegration analysis is discussed and applied to a recent NIKHEF experiment, where a distinct relativistic effect has been found in the interference structure function.
KeywordsForm Factor Relativistic Calculation Magnetic Form Factor Charge Form Factor Pair Term
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- de Swart, J.J. et al: Few Body Systems, Suppl. 1, Springer Verlag (1986)Google Scholar
- Tjon, J.A. and Zuilhof, M.J.: Phys. Rev. C22, 2369 (1980)Google Scholar
- Tjon, J.A. and Zuilhof, M.J.: Phys. Rev. C24, 736 (1981)Google Scholar
- Horowitz, C.J.: Proceedings of Workshop on Relativistic Nuclear Many Body Physics, Columbus, Ohio 1988, edited by B. C. Clark, R. J. Perry and J. P. Vary ( World Scientific, Singapore, 1989 )Google Scholar
- Sitarski, W.P., Blunden, P.G. and Lomon, E.L.: Phys. Rev. C40, 1541 (1989)Google Scholar
- Gari, M.: Proceedings of workshop on electro-nuclear physics with internal targets, SLAC, 1987, to be published.Google Scholar
- Hummel, E.: Thesis, Utrecht (1991)Google Scholar
- van der Schaar, M.: Thesis, Utrecht (1991)Google Scholar