Integration of multimedia and spatial data in an authoring system for building tourism applications
We describe the main lines of an authoring system integrating multimedia and GIS functionalities. In particular, we give some details concerning the functional requirements and GIS functionalities. We also give a brief description of the architecture of the authoring system.
The paper presents results of the MAGIC TOUR project carried out by Intecs Sistemi in Italy (coordinating partner), Intracom in Greece and Silogic in France. This project is funded by the European Commission (DG III) within the ESPRIT III Programme.
KeywordsGeographical Information System Geographical Information System Primary User Authoring System Authoring Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Boursier, 92]Boursier P., Mainguenaud M., “Spatial query languages: extended SQL vs. Visual Query Languages vs. Hypermaps”, 5th Int. Conf. on Spatial Data Handling, Charleston, VA, USA, August 1992.Google Scholar
- [Boursier, 95]Boursier P., Iris S., “The Magic Tour project: integrating mutimedia and spatial data in an authoring system for tourism ”, 1st Int. Conf. on Spatial Multimedia and Virtual Reality, Lisbon, Portugal, September 1995.Google Scholar
- [Calcinelli, 94]Calcinelli D., Mainguenaud M., “CIGALES, a Visual Query Language for Geographical Information System: the user interface”, Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, Academic Press, Vol. 5, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Dbouk, 95a]Dbouk M., Boursier P., “HyperGeo: a hypermedia-based geographical information system design framework”, Joint European Conference on Geographical Information Systems (JEC’95),The Hague, The Netherlands, March 1995.Google Scholar
- [Dbouk, 95b]Dbouk M., Boursier P., “Dynamic maps for navigating through geographical data sets”, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’95), Workshop on New Paradigms in Information Visualization and Manipulation, Baltimore, MD, USA, December 1995.Google Scholar
- [Garzotto, 95]Garzotto F., Mainetti L., Paolini P., “Evaluation of Hypermedia Tourism Applications”, Proc. Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism Int. Conf. (ENTER’95), Innsbruck, Austria, Springer Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Väänänen, 93]Väänänen K., “A Metaphor-based Authoring Tool for Multimedia Environments”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Proc. of Human Computer Interaction Vienna Conf. (VCHCI’93), 1993.Google Scholar