Nuclear Physics with 1 GeV Continuous Current Electron Beams
In electron-nucleus physics at ∼ 1 GeV electron energy several topics are in focus; high-momentum components, nucleon-nucleon correlations, pion electro-production on the nucleon, meson fields and the properties of nucleon-resonances in the nuclear medium. Powerful tools to investigate this physics will become available with the commissioning of facilities with continuous (polarized) beams of ≈1 GeV electrons. Some physics ideas and planned experiments with AmPS at NIKHEF are discussed with an emphasis on few-body systems.
KeywordsFinal State Interaction Internal Target Charge Exchange Process Pulse Stretcher Continuous Wave Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Steenhoven, G. van der: Invited talk at the International Symposium on Mesons and Light Nuclei, Sept. 1991, Prague, and to be published in Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- 7.Tjon, J.A.: Proceedings of the EPS Conference ‘Hadronic Structure and Electroweak Interactions’, Amsterdam, August 5–10, 1991; to be published in Nucl. Phys.Google Scholar
- 10.Reffay-Pikeroen, D. et al.: Phys. Rev. Lett. 60 776 (1988)Google Scholar
- 12.Brand, J.F.J. van den, et al.: Phys. Rev. Lett. 60, 2006 (1988)Google Scholar
- 14.Laget, J.M.: Nucl. Phys. A 497, 391c (1989)Google Scholar
- 16.Daman, M.: PhD. Thesis, Univ. of Amsterdam, April 16, 1991 and to be published in Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- 17.Steijger, J.J.M., et al.: N.I.M. A 295, 123 (1990)Google Scholar
- 19.Zondervan, A., et al.: NIKHEF Internal Report EMIN 91–01 and to be published in N.I.M.Google Scholar
- 20.Boffi, S., Proceedings of Topical Workshop on Two-nucleon Reactions, Elba IPC, September 1989Google Scholar
- 21.Singy, D., et al.: N.I.M. A278, 349 (1989)Google Scholar