The Structure of Scalar and Vector Mesons
We review the dynamical model for meson-meson scattering developed by our group. This model is based on the meson-exchange picture and reproduces quantitatively the ππ and Kπ phase shifts. These results can be used for the calculation of the pion electromagnetic form factor as well as the scalar form factor of the pion. We also discuss our recent calculation of the nucleon sigma term within the same model.
KeywordsForm Factor Partial Wave Electromagnetic Form Factor Meson Exchange Scalar Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Reference 3 utilised the TOPT approach. However, in order to obtain the correct analytic behaviour of the scalar form factor in the unphysical region, it was necessary to redo the calculation using BbS. Both methods gave similar results in the physical region after some readjustment of cutoff parameters. In particular, the conclusions regarding ther nature of the f0(975) were unchanged.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Bando, T. Kugo, S. Uehara, K. Yamawaki and T. Yanagida, Phys. Rev. Lett. 54 (1985) 1215.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Morgan and M.R. Pennington, Phys. Lett. B258 (1991) 444.Google Scholar
- 9.S.R. Amendolia et al., Phys. Lett. 138B (1984) 545;Google Scholar
- 10.J. Gasser, H. Leutwyler and M.E. Sainio, Phys. Lett. B253 (1991) 260.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Gasser, H. Leutwyler and M.E. Sainio, Phys. Lett. B253 (1991) 252 and references therein.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Koch, Z. Phys. C15 (1982) 161.Google Scholar