Financial Security Analysis and Portfolio Management with a Deductive Database System
Knowledge-based information systems have been increasingly recognized as tools for planning and cost reduction for various services in the financial world. We report on the development of a knowledge-based information system which acts as an aid for investment decision making. Furthermore, we show how a modular design approach is ideally suited for developing a knowledge-based information system (IS) in the financial security domain. The paper concentrates on the design technique used in developing the system with the Syllog Expert Database System.
KeywordsCash Flow Capital Asset Price Model Asset Class Expect Growth Rate Stock Valuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ABW88]Apt, K. R., Blair, H., Walker A., Towards a Theory of Declarative Knowledge in Foundations of Deductive Databases and Logic Programming J. Minker (Ed.), Morgan Kaufman, 89-148, 1988.Google Scholar
- [CS91]Chorafas D. N., Steinmann H., Expert Systems in Banking, Macmillan, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Debe89]Debenham J. K., Knowledge Systems Design, Prentice Hall of Australia, 1989.Google Scholar
- [GS79]Gane C., Sarson T., Structured Systems Analysis, Engelwood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall, 1979.Google Scholar
- [KN91]Kehrer N., Neumann G., Treating Enhanced Entity Relationship Models in a Declarative Style, 2 Russian Conference on Logic Programming, St. Petersburg, to appear in conference proceedings, Springer, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Lell91]Lell C., Using a Meta-Knowledge Method for Developing an Educational Knowledge-Based Application, Database and Expert Systems Applications, DEXA91 Conference Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- [MT90]Maginn J. L., Tuttle D. L. eds., Managing Investment Portfolios, Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 1990.Google Scholar
- [NH89]Nijsen G. M., Halpin T. A., Conceptual Schema and Database Design, Prentice Hall of Australia, 1989.Google Scholar
- [WMSW90]Walker A., McCord M., Sowa J., Wilson W., Knowledge Systems and Prolog, Addison Wesely, 1990.Google Scholar