Computer Supported Multimedia Environment for Collaboration
The impact of new technologies on the different aspects of collaboration and cooperation is concerned and some possible applications are proposed. An architectural model for CSCW systems is introduced. The management functions of a distributed conference environment are also proposed and a pilot conferencing system based on the above propositions is presented.
KeywordsManager Module Distributor Module Rail Transport Shared Workspace Distribute Database System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. A. Lantz: “An experiment in Integrated Multimedia Conferencing”, Proc. Conf. on CSCW ‘86, December 1986, pp. 533–552Google Scholar
- L. Suchman: “Rediscovering Cooperative Work”, Proc. 1. European Conference on CSCW, London, September 1989Google Scholar
- H. Krcmar: “Considerations for a Framework for CATeam Research”, Proc. 1. European Conference on CSCW, London, September 1989, pp. 421–435Google Scholar
- J. Rugelj, A. Endrizzi: “The Functions and the Structure of Systems for CSCW”, EUR 13169, CEC-DG XIII, Luxembourg-Brussels, 1990Google Scholar
- J. Rugelj, A. Endrizzi: “Multimedia Conference Across Wide-Area Networks”, Proc. 1. European Conference on CSCW, London, September 1989, pp. 469–475Google Scholar
- J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves et al.: “An Open-Systems Model for Computer Supported Collaboration”, IEEE Proc. 2.Conf. on Computer Workstations, 1988, pp. 40–51Google Scholar
- J.R. Ensor et al.: “The RAPPORT Multimedia Conferencing System–a Software Overview”, IEEE Proc. 2. Conf. on Computer Workstations, March 1988, pp. 52–58Google Scholar
- J. Nedergaard, H. Nielsen: “An All-Digital Audioconference System”, IEEE Proc. Intern. Zurich Seminar on Digital Comm., March 1990, pp. 163–172Google Scholar
- S.R. Ahuja: “Network Support for Distributed Collaborations”, Gruopware Technology Workshop, XEROX Parc, August 1989Google Scholar
- J. Rugelj, A. Endrizzi: “Conferencing via Workstations: Implementation Issues”, Eur. Workshop on CSCW in Research Labs, Ispra, December 1989Google Scholar
- D.Barber, T.Kalin, A.Kündig, M. Purser, R. Speth: “Proposal for a new COST-Action in the area of Cooperation Technology ( CO — TECH)”, Zürich, March 1989Google Scholar