Intelligent Network Management
A prototype of a network management assistant tool has been developed, in which monitor stations continually extract information from the network. A real time dynamic Source Destination Matrix (SDM) is implemented in the monitor to retain network data on the level of connections. A central control unit, combined with an embedded expert shell, constitutes the interactive interface to the network manager. The communication module, providing remote control and interrogation facilities to the control unit, is designed to be compatible with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
KeywordsExpert System Production Rule Network Management Garbage Collection Monitor Station
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Comer, Douglas, Internetworking With TCP/IP; Prentice/Hall International, Inc. 1988.Google Scholar
- Culbert, Chris, CLIPS Reference Manual, Version 3.0, NASA/Johnson Space Centre, Houston, July 1986.Google Scholar
- Forgy, C.L., Rete: A Fast Algorithm for the Many Pattern/Many Object Pattern Match Problem, Artificial Intelligence 19, page 17–37, North-Holland, 1982.Google Scholar
- Kaarela, Kari et Al., Building Embedded Real Time Expert Systems,Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT),1989.Google Scholar
- Liebowitz, Jay (editor), Expert System Applications to Telecommunications,Whiley Interscience, New York, page 3–44, 191–198, 267–303, 1988. ISBN 0–471–62459–4Google Scholar
- Thio, Ling, The Network Packet Dispatcher - an Event-driven Multi-tasking Operating System for Network Monitors, to be published, Delft, 1990.Google Scholar
- Oorschot, J.P.M. Van, and Winter, D. de,IntelligentNetwork Management. An initiating report of a joint project on Network Management; Participants: TU-Delft/ITI-TNO. June 1989.Google Scholar
- Simon, H.A., The New Science of Management Decision (revised edition), Prentice Hall International Inc, 1977Google Scholar
- Simon H.A., The Sciences of the Artificial,MIT Press 1972.Google Scholar
- Tanenbaum, A.S., Computer Networks, Prentice/Hall International, Inc., 1988.Google Scholar