ARDITO: An Advanced Relational Database System for Image and Text Organization
This paper presents the main design and implementation features of a system for managing multimedia documents that are composed of texts and images. Besides having filing and retrieving facilities, this system is capable of defining and managing various kinds of links that can be established between several different documents and document components. Interactive display and navigation through the network are supported. The system architecture is based on a relational DBMS for storing data, network links, and control information.
KeywordsImage Display Multimedia Document Head Image Image Network Graphic Library
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. L. McCracken, E. A. Yoder — KMS: A Distributed Hypermedia System for Managing Knowledge in Organizations, Comm. ACM, vol. 31, n. 7, 1988.Google Scholar
- F. Rabitti — A Model for Multimedia Documents, in “Office Automation” (D. Tsichritzis ed. ), Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- S. Christodulakis, M. Theodoridou, F. Ho, M. Papa., A. Pathria — Multimedia Document Presentation, Information Extraction, and Document Formation in MINOS: a Model and a System, ACM Trans. on Office Automation Systems, vol. 4, n. 4, 1986.Google Scholar
- K.Utting, N. Yankelovich — Context and Ortientation in Hypermedia Networks, ACM Trans. on Information Systems, vol. 7, n. 1, 1989.Google Scholar
- F. Cesarini, A. Mazzoni, A. Pampaloni, G. Soda — GART: un sistema per la catalogazione di beni artistici, proc. of AICA88, Cagliari, 1988.Google Scholar
- J. Conklin, M. L. Begeman — gIBIS: A Hypertext Tool for Exploratory Policy Discussion, ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, vol. 6, n. 4, 1988.Google Scholar
- F. R. Campagnoni, K. Ehrlich — Information Retrieval Using a Hypertext-Based Help System, ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, vol. 7, n. 3, 1989.Google Scholar
- N. M. Delisle, M. D. Schwartz — Contexts — A Partitioning Concept for Hypertext, ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, vol. 5, n. 2, 1987.Google Scholar
- J. Nielsen — The Art of Navigating through Hypertext, Comm. ACM, vol. 33, n. 3, 1990.Google Scholar