Application of hybrid expert systems in Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Delfi3 is a knowledge engineering environment which integrates a number of advanced knowledge representation and inference techniques such as a semantic net of objects and relations, a knowledge representation language and a backward/forward chaining interpreter for production rules. Delfi3 is a uniform and transparent system.
Delfi3’s capabilities are very well suited to applications in CIM. Its knowledge bases are stored in modules which are separately compiled, can be stored in libraries and can be loaded very fast by various applications. Furthermore, it can be integrated with external databases and application software.
Delfi3 has partly been developed in the Esprit project 809 Advanced Control Systems and Concepts in Small Batch Manufacturing and is being used in Esprit project 2415 Distributed Manufacturing, Planning and Control.
In this paper some applications in CIM arc outlined and it is explained how these will benefit of Delfi3’s capabilities.
KeywordsProduction Rule Priority Rule Production Planner Operator Management System Knowledge Representation Language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ber 87]Berg T van den. Lore-compiler. Graduate thesis of the Faculty of Technical Mathematics and Informatics of Delft University of Technology. Delft. August 1987.Google Scholar
- [Jas 90]Jaspers R. Medical decision support: an approach in the domain of brachial plexus injuries. Dissertation. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. Delft University of Technology. Delft. 1990.Google Scholar
- [Jon 90]Jonker W. The design and implementation of a knowledge representation and processing language. Dissertation. Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Informatics. Delft University of Technology. Delft. 1990.Google Scholar
- [Nak 88]
- [Swa 88]Swaan Arons H., Riewe D. Integration of Dynamic Expert Scheduling in Production Control. In: Proceedings of the 6th Annual Esprit Conference 1989. 27 November–1 December 1989. pp 674–687. Kluwer Academic Publishers. Brussels.Google Scholar
- [TAE 88]Technical Annex for Esprit Project 2415: Distributed Manufacturing, Planning and Control.Google Scholar
- [Waa 89]Waal de JC. The design of a knowledge-based system for the configuration of digital telephone switching systems. Graduate thesis of the Faculty of Electrotechnics of Delft University of Technology. Delft. 1989.Google Scholar