Clique Partitioning Problem and Genetic Algorithms
In this paper we show how critical coding can be for the Clique Partitioning Problem with Genetic Algorithm (GA). Three chromosomic coding techniques are compared. We improve the classical linear coding with a new label renumbering technique and propose a new tree structured coding. We also show the limitation of an hybrid approach that combines GA with dynamic programming. Experimental results are presented for 30 and 150 vertex graphs.
KeywordsGenetic Algo Dynamic Programming Tabu Search Linear Code Permutation Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Golberg, Genetic Algorithm in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addinson Wesley, Reading, 1989.Google Scholar
- L. Hérault, J-J. Niez, “How neural networks can solve hard graph problems: A performance study on the graph K-partitioning”, Neuro-Nimes’ 89 Int. workshop on Neural Networks & their applications, Nimes, France, pp. 237–255, Nov 1989Google Scholar
- D. Jones, M. Beltramo, “Solving Partitioning Problems with GA”, 4-th conf. on Genetic Algorithms, 1991.Google Scholar
- J. Koza, Genetic Evolution and Co-Evolution of Computer Programs, Proc. of Artificial Life II, Santa Fee, 1990.Google Scholar
- Y.-H. Pao, Adaptive Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks, Addison Wesley, Reading, 1989.Google Scholar
- B. Manderick, M. de Weger and P. Spiessens, “The Genetic Algorithm and the Structure of the Fitness Landscape”, 4-th conf. on Genetic Algorithms, 1991.Google Scholar
- S. Régnier, “Sur quelques aspects mathématiques des problèmes de classification automatique”, I.C.C Bulletin, 4: 175–191, 1965.Google Scholar
- E-G. Talbi, P. Bessiere, “A Parallel Genetic Algorithm for the graph partitioning problem”, ACM Int Conf on Supercomputing, Cologne, Germany, June 1991.Google Scholar
- E-G. Talbi, T. Muntean, “Static allocation of communicating process on a parallel architecture”, Int Conf. on High Speed Computation II, Montpelier, M. Durand and F. Dabagh (Editors), Elsevier Science Pub, North Holland, pp. 71–82, Oct 1991.Google Scholar