Speeding Up Back Propagation by Partial Evaluation
We automatically specialize a general Back Propagation learning algorithm to a particular network topology, obtaining a specialized learning algorithm which is faster than the general one.
The automatic specialization is done by a partial evaluator for a subset of the imperative programming language C.
KeywordsResidual Program Back Propagation Partial Evaluation Learning Pattern Automatic Specialization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L.O. Andersen. C program specialization. Technical Report 92/14, DIKU, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, May 1992.Google Scholar
- L.O. Andersen. Partial evaluation of C and automatic compiler generation (extended abstract). In U. Kastens and P. Pfahler, editors, Compiler Construction, Paderborn, Germany, October 1992. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 641), pages 251–257. Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- C.K. Gomard and N.D. Jones. Compiler generation by partial evaluation: a case study. Structured Programming, 12: 123–144, 1991.Google Scholar
- H.F. Jacobsen. Speeding up the back-propagation algorithm by partial evaluation. DIKU Student Project 90-10-13, 32 pages. DIKU, University of Copenhagen. (In Danish), October 1990.Google Scholar
- N.D. Jones, C.K. Gomard, and P. Sestoft. Partial Evaluation and Automatic Program Generation. Prentice-Hall, 1993. To appear.Google Scholar