Wavelet Based Texture Resampling
The integral equation arising from space variant 2-D texture resampling is reformulated through wavelet analysis. We transform the standard convolution integral in texture space into an inner product over sparse representations for both the texture and the warped filter function. This yields an algorithm that operates in constant time in the area of the domain of convolution, and that is sensitive to the frequency content of both the filter and the texture. The reformulation admits further acceleration for space-invariant resampling.
KeywordsWavelet Coefficient Sparse Representation Wavelet Decomposition Wavelet Representation Refinement Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. K. Chui, An Introduction to Wavelets, Academic Press 1992.Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, SIAM 1992.Google Scholar
- R. Lansdale, Texture-Mapping and Resampling for Computer Graphics, M.A.Sc. Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto, October 1989.Google Scholar
- N. Greene, and P.S. Heckbert, “Creating raster omnimax images from multiple perspective views using the elliptical weighted average filter”, IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 6, 6 (June 1986), pp. 21–27.Google Scholar
- P.S. Heckbert, Fundamentals of Texture Mapping and Image Warping, M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1989.Google Scholar
- L. McMillan and G. Bishop, “Plenoptic Modeling: An Image-Based Rendering System”, SIGGRAPH 95 Conference Proceedings (Aug., 1995), pp. 39–46; Annual Conference Series, Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- N. Saito, G. Beylkin, “Multiresolution Representations using the Auto-Correlation Functions of Compactly Supported Wavelets”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, special issue on Wavelets and Signal Processing, 1992.Google Scholar
- W. Sweldens, “Wavelets, signal compression and image processing”, in Wavelets and Their Applications in Computer Graphics, SIGGRAPH ’95 Course Notes, 1995 (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/imager/contributions/bobl/wvlt/download/notes.ps.Z.saveme).Google Scholar
- M.V. Wickerhauser, Lectures on Wavelet Packet Algorithms, INRIA/Rocquencourt Minicourse Lecture Notes, 1991 (http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/doc/techreports/wustl.edu/math/papers/inria300.ps.Z)Google Scholar