Part of the Eurographics book series (EUROGRAPH)
Visualization in topology: assembling the projective plane
Assembling the projective plane in 3D space from a Möbius band and a disc is animated. Various properties and representations of the projective plane are visualized.
KeywordsProjective Plane Open Inventor Parameter Plane Opposite Point Klein Bottle
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Delmarcelle and L. Hesselink, “The Topology of Symmetric Second-order Tensor Fields”, Proceedings IEEE Visualization ’94, October 17–21, 1994, Washington, D.C., pp. 140–147. Material is available on WWW site http://www.nas.nasa.gov/NAS/RelatedPapers/StanfordTensorFieldVis/home.html
- James P. Sethna “Order Parameters, Broken Symmetry, and Topology” in 1991 Lectures in Complex Systems, Eds. L. Nagel and D. Stein, Santa Fe Institute Studies in the Sciences of Complexity, Proc. Vol. XV, Addison-Wesley, 1992.http://www.lassp.cornell.edu/sethna/OrderParameters/Intro.html Google Scholar
- [4.]Josie Wernecke, Open Inventor Architecture Group, The Inventor Mentor: Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor, Release 2, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1994 (ISBN 0-201-62495-8);Google Scholar
- [5.]A.T.Fomenko, Descriptive Geometry and Topology, Moscow University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- [6.]Klimenko S.V., Nikitin I.N., Talanov V.V. “Visualization of Complex Phenomena in String Theory”, in Proc. Computer Animation’95, April 19–21, 1995, Geneva, Switzerland, pp. 181–189.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag/Wein 1997