Realizing Travel Malls: A Logic Programming Based Approach
- 175 Downloads
The vision of a Travel Mall, if fully realized, would allow the tourism industry to come to grips with the potential of the advances in information and communication technologies as well as the needs and demands of customers in this new age. In order to realize this vision, certain issues need to be addressed; that of information integration is crucial. We have presented an architecture for a travel mall that tackles this problem and addresses all the important issues. We outline how our approach exploits an extension of logic programming.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Bloch, Y. Pigneur, and T. Steiner. The IT-enabled Extended Enterprise: Applications in the Tourism Industry. In ENTER 96: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication Technology in Tourism., 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Boman and P. Johannesson. Epistemic Logic as a Framework for Federated Information Systems. In S. Deen, editor, CKBS 90: Proceedings of the International Working Conference on Cooperating Knowledge Based Systems, pages 255–270. Springer Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- W. Litwin. From Database Systems to Multidatabase Systems: Why and How. In Proceedings of the Sixth British National Conference on Databases, pages 161–188, 1988.Google Scholar
- S. Mazumdar. A Deductive Approach to Semantic Heterogeneity in Multidatabase Systems. In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on the Deductive Approach to Information Systems and Databases (DAISD93). Costa Brava, Catalonia, Spain, pages 99–121, 1993.Google Scholar
- A. Motro. Relational Meta-Answers. In Z. Ras and M. Zemankova, editors, Intelligent Systems: State of the Art and Future Directions, pages 371–386. Ellis Horwood, 1990.Google Scholar
- R. Pettersen. A Federation of Semantically Heterogeneous Databases. Master’s thesis, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, 1996.Google Scholar
- X. Qian. Semantic Interoperation Via Intelligent Mediation. In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Interoperability in Multidatabase Systems (IMS 93), 1993.Google Scholar
- A. Sheth. Semantic Issues in Multidatabase Systems. ACM SIGMOD RECORD, 20 (4): 5–9, December 1991.Google Scholar
- W. Whang, S. Chakravarthy, and S. Navathe. Relational Schema Integration: Dealing with Inter-Relation Correspondences and Querying over Component Relations. Computing Systems, 6 (3): 319–352, 1993.Google Scholar