Distributed software Agents for WWW-based Tourism Information Systems (DATIS)
With the Internet becoming more and more popular, an increasing number of online systems allow travelers today to access interactive destination information systems. Such systems on the WWW do not only offer comprehensive descriptions of tourist destinations. They also provide access to sophisticated reservation systems, where the user can book flights, pass hotel reservations, rent cars, buy concert tickets, etc.
KeywordsMultiagent System Logic Programming Information Gathering Software Agent Agent Society
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bloch96] Bloch, M., Pigneur, Y., Steiner, T.: The IT-enabled extendedenterprise, applications in the tourism industry; in S. Klein & al., ‘Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism’, Proceedings of the ENTER96 conference, Springer 1996.Google Scholar
- [Bonnet96]Bonnet, Ph., Bressan, S., Leth, L., Thomsen, B.: Towards ECLiPSe Agents on the Internet,Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Logic Programming Tools for INTERNET Applications, http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/-ad/lpintemetteclipse/ea.html .
- [Bonzon93]Bonzon, P. E., Kuokka, D. R.: Decision support systems from an AI perspective, 5th Annual Conf. on Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, Stanford University, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Fikes95]Fikes, R., Engelmore, R., Farquhar, A., Pratt, W.: Network-based information brokers, in Knoblock, C., Levy, A.:’Information gathering from heterogeneous, distributed environments’, Papers from the 1995 AAAI symposium, AAAI Press.Google Scholar
- [Kuokka96]Kuokka, D.R., Bonzon, P.E.: Reifying Behavior in Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance & Management, Vol. 5 Number 2, June 1996.Google Scholar
- [Maes95]Maes, P.: Artificial life meets entertainment: Interacting with lifelike autonomous agents,Communications of the ACM, 38 (11), 1995. Special Issue on New Horizons of Commercial and Industrial AI.Google Scholar
- [Ng96]Ng, F. Y. Y., Sussmann, S.: A personal travel assistant for holiday selection - a learning interface agent approach, in S. Klein & al., ‘Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism’, Proceedings of the ENTER96 conference, Springer 1996.Google Scholar
- [Steiner95]Steiner,T.: Information technologies and destination management in tourism: a conceptual framework; Master thesis, Ecole des HEC, Université de Lausanne, October 1995; http://www.hec.unil.ch/people/tsteiner/office/tourism Google Scholar