Some Applications of the Multimedia Geographical Information Systems in Tourism
- 177 Downloads
Multimedia enters all computer applications bringing new and powerful capabilities. It has also found its natural place in Geographical Information Systems (GIS). In this paper, basic principles of including multimedia into GIS and several capabilities for applying multimedia and GIS in tourism are discussed. Also, MS Windows multimedia support mechanisms and their application in GINIS-Agency, a multimedia GIS software for tourism, is presented.
Key wordsmultimedia GIS database cartography MS Windows
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CG&GIS 1995. The Methodology, Procedures and Software for Production of Digital Geographic Maps, Technical Report, Computer Graphics & GIS Lab, Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Niš, Yugoslavia, January 1995. (in Serbian)Google Scholar
- Dordević S., Petković M. i Rančić D. 1995. Georeferencing in Digital Cartography“, Proceedings of the XXXIX Yugoslav Conference ETRAN ‘95, Zlatibor, Yugoslavia, June 1995., pp. 149–152. (in Serbian)Google Scholar
- Mitrović D., Đordević S., at al.,1994. MapSys - A Spatial Objects Control System, In: Proceedings of the III Int. Conf. on automation, robotics and computer vision, Singapore, 1994, WA6. 1, pp. 185–189.Google Scholar
- Visvalingam M. 1990. Trends and concerns in digital cartography. In: Computer Aided Design, vol. 22, pp. 115–130, no. 3, April, 1990.Google Scholar
- Crisman N. R. 1990. Deficiencies of sheets and tiles: building sheetless databases. In: Int. Journal of GIS, vol. 4, pp. 157–167, no. 2., 1990.Google Scholar
- Guptil, S. C. 1989. Speculations on seamless, scaleless cartographic data bases. In: Proceedings of the Auto-Carta 9, Baltimore, April, 1989, pp. 436–443.Google Scholar
- Barnes P. 1994 Multimedia brings GIS to the masses. In: Proceedings of the AM/FM European Conference X, 18–20 October 1994, Heidelberg, Germany, pp. 190–194.Google Scholar
- Hua W. J. and Rui Z. G. 1995. The application of the multimedia technique in the electronic map. 17th Intern. Cartographic Conference and 10th General Assembly of the ICA/ACI, September 3–9, 1995, Barcelona, pp. 2074–2080.Google Scholar
- Krygler J. B. 1995. Multimedia in Geographic education. 17th Intern. Cartographic Conference and 10th General Assembly of the ICA/ACT, September 3–9, 1995, Barcelona, pp. 1611–1620.Google Scholar