Modeling and Simulation of Oxygen Precipitation in CZ Silicon
This paper describes modeling and simulation for the growth and dissolution of oxygen precipitates in Czochralski silicon(CZ) wafers during heat treatment. Growth and dissolution rates are newly derived and inserted into a set of chemical rate equations(CREs) and a Fokker-Planck equation(FPE). Annealing ambients and surface conditions are taken into account for solving continuity equations in order to calculate oxygen depth profile and oxygen precipitates density more precisely.
KeywordsDissolution Rate Detailed Balance Oxygen Solubility Bulk Region Interstitial Oxygen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Kittel and H. Kroemer, Thermal Physics, 2nd ed. (W. H. Freeman and Company, New York), p. 407, 1980Google Scholar
- 4.M. Schrems, in Oxygen in silicon, Semiconductor and Semimetals, edited by F. Shimura(Academic Press, New York, 1994), vol. 42.Google Scholar
- S. Senkader, et al., J. Appl. Phys., vol. 78, no. 11, pp. 6469 – 6476, 1995Google Scholar
- J. Easfandiary, et al., J. Electrochem. Soc., vol. 143, no. 3; pp. 995 – 1001, 1996Google Scholar
- S. Isomae, et al., J. Appl. Phys., vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 817 – 824, 1984Google Scholar