Internet-Based Front-End to Network Simulator
We present a Java-based interactive visual interface to network simulators. Having successfully incorporated network visualization technologies, our system provides an effective front-end interface supporting real time control and monitoring of the back-end simulator through the Internet or intranets. We extend a traditional spring embedding graph layout model, and propose a new hierarchical node placement algorithm for presenting the structure of a complex network.
KeywordsNetwork Visualization Node Placement Network Layout Interactive Operation Alarm Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Bertin. Graphics and Graphics Information Processing. Walter de Gruter & Co., Berlin, 1981.Google Scholar
- P. Eades. Heuristic for graph drawing. Congressus Numerantium, pages 149–160, 1984.Google Scholar
- M. Sarkar and M. Brown. Graphics fisheye view. CACM, 37 (12): 73–84, 1994.Google Scholar
- G. Wills. Selections: 524288 ways to say “this is interesting”. Information Visualization’95, pages 54–60, October 1996.Google Scholar
- G. Wills. Nicheworks - interactive visualization of very large graphs. Graphics Drawing ‘97, 1997.Google Scholar