K Meson Photo- and Electro- Production with CLAS at Jefferson Lab
In this talk we give an overview of experiments involving strange particles using the CLAS spectrometer at Jefferson Lab. Also, a first “pre-production” look at strange particle detection in CLAS is presented based on recently-completed photoproduction and electroproduction runs. Experimental issues of particle identification and missing mass resolution are discussed. The results show that the outlined program of experiments is well underway to producing first physics results.
KeywordsTotal Cross Section Strange Particle Particle Identification High Energy Side Strangeness Production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Copies of proposals are available upon request from the Jefferson Lab Users’ Liaison Office, at 757–269–7586.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Mart and C. Bennhold: Few-Body Systems Suppl. 9, 369 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8a.Zhenping Li: Phys. Rev. C52, 1648 (1995);Google Scholar
- 8b.Zhenping Li: Phys. Rev. C54, R2171 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Guidai, Ph.D. thesis, Saclay, DAPNIA-SPhN-96–03T (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.J. Barth et al.: Proceedings of Intersections Between Particle and Nuclear Physics, AIP Conf 412, 849, T.W. Donnelly, Ed. (1997). See also M. Bock-horst et al.: Z. Phys. C63, 37 (1994).Google Scholar